Category: Right Parietal

My name is Katie D and I was born on Friday the 13th at midnight. When I was a baby I didn't like to be held. I was social but didn't like to be touched. I was born premature. My mom went bowling when she was pregnant and fell down the ally one time. Then I fell out of my car seat when I was 2 months old. I'm 5'4" I have an Arachnoid Cyst located in between the temporal and parterial lobes on the right side of my brain. We think my cyst is 2 cm long and 4 cm wide. I am left handed and I am 21 years old and was diagnosed when I was 17.

When I was 17 I was in a car accident and started having headaches. My mom had a neurosurgeon for her neck (because she had 2 bones missing and they replace them with bones from her hip) and he recommended a neurologist and she ran a CAT scan and MRI and discovered my cyst. My initial reaction was like "Is it bad?" because I had never heard about anyone that had this. When I found out about it I told her about the cysts on my ovaries when I was 15. I had exploratory surgery which almost killed me because he went through my belly button and there was a blockage and he cut it so I started to hemorrhage. After that was put on hormone therapy (ortho trycycline) which didn't work so I had to switch meds because I gained 60 pounds in a year. I hated it so I quit taking it and lost 40 pounds. Then I went on Depo and bled for 6 months and then gained all the weight back. Then they put Yasmine and then I said no more.

My first neurologist put me on Inderal and Maxalt. Those meds did nothing for me. Then it was topomax which worked for a while and then my body got immune to the drugs and then they quit working. I had to switch neurologist because they weren't doing anything and my mom was pissed. She's a red head so she gets mad easily. I came to college and that's when my hands started to go numb. I told my doctor about it and they said that it was from the medication. I was like "What kind of medicine does that?"

I had to switch from the second neurologist because he did a spinal tap and kept hitting a nerve. My insurance changed so now I have a new doctor. I am now on effexor, cogard, and topomax. I was on Fiorcet with codine which helped a lot. Nothing is wrong when I take it. Nothing bothers me. But my doctor took that away because he told me caffeine was bad. I don't like this doctor. He's an idiot.
I remember the summer before I left for school I stretched while talking to my friend on the phone and I heard a pop and then I couldn't use my neck for 3 days. I couldn't sleep or anything. I have problem with words. I know what I want to say but I can't always say it.

I was a gifted and talented but was in speech for a little while as a child.

The doctors don't listen to me so I started searching for info which is when I found
I find it hard to relate to people because they don't understand why I need to lie down at 4 because my head hurts or I am on too many meds. I need to be comforted by things that I know. It's really hard to find someone I can count on so I am moving from my college to where my best friend is because I need to feel comforted by someone that understands my situation. I'm too trusting of others and have been hurt a lot. Once you fuck me over that's it.

When I get stressed it's the end of the world. If I don't take care of a problem now and it doesn't get fixed it drives me crazy. I have my routine when I wake up and when I go to bed and the rest of the day blends in. I was talking to my uncle and I couldn't remember if I hung up on him or told him bye.
I have always had friends that were not my age. I don't play well with others. There are certain things I don't like. I don't like liars or back stabbers.

When I get really cold I get sick but I would rather be cold than hot. I am clumsy and have broken 2 toes both wrists, both ankles, a knee, an elbow, my nose and my cheekbone. My wisdom teeth have been removed.

The first psychic experience I had was before Jurassic Park III came out I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen because I had had a dream. A couple of years ago I smelled my grandmother and she was 2 hours away so I called and she had just fallen down the stairs.

After my sperm donor found out my mother was pregnant he moved to Texas so I've never met him.